It’s happening! 😀
It has been quite a while since there has been a house update because we were having such bad building weather. We decided to just do what we could, without making this house turn into a huge stressor. We are plugging along, slowly, but still plugging along.
Back to the house:
Once the clearing was just about finished, we decided to do some measuring to see where we stood. Given the space that the Man was able to clear, we are going with a 16’x42′ house. This was one of the many dimensions that we had worked out in advance. We tried many different floor plans, knowing that a massive boulder could be unearthed at any time and block our way.
First we did a rough outline of the house, measuring out each side. Once we had all four sides, we measured diagonally across the house and then rearranged the markers until both diagonals were the same and all four sides were the proper measurement. Square.
The Man ran string all the way around the house and then sparay painted all the lines to start digging.
The completed house outline!
This is the point where the snags came in, but we should be back on track quite soon.
For all the build posts, click here.